2004 EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
An Educational Experience Linking
April 12, 2004 - Ellison Campus Center + Charlotte Forten Hall
Theme: Creating Sustainable Communities
The goal of SSU (Salem State University) Earth Day is to present information about environmental concerns facing our local, state, national, and global communities to members of the SSU and the local community. Faculty and students at SSU along with community representatives from HealthLink are working together to present this program.
In the evening local school children will display their artwork on environmental themes in Forten Hall. A reception for the students, their families and the community will be held from 6:30-7:30. All schoolchildren whose work is represented in the Earth Day Show will be presented with certificates of merit.
EARTH DAY 2004 PROGRAM
Art Exhibit by Local School Children: Library Well
Monday, April 12
· Environmental Career Fair: Campus Center, Commuter Lounge
· Environmental Poster Session Competition: Vets Hall, Campus Center
· Presentation Results: "Healthy Communities Grant" study on air emissions and their health effects by SSU Nursing Students and High School Students: Underground Campus Center
· Panel: "Building Sustainable Communities: Planning to Promote Livability"
· Desert Reception and Presentation of Awards for Posters and Friends of the Earth Awards to Paul R. Epstein and Jill Stein: Charlotte Forten Hall, Library:
SPONSORED BY SSU AND HEALTHLINK
Come and join us in the celebration!!